Leave a Legacy
Non-profit organizations, like Respite Care, benefit greatly from gifts left through wills and estates. If this is something you’ve considered – or would like to do – here are ten steps to follow to Leave Your Legacy. You can make a difference for a long time to come!
- Prepare a will so you will have control over your property at death.
- Evaluate your financial situation and determine your charitable goals.
- Consult an attorney, accountant or financial adviser about tax-friendly options for making a legacy gift.
- Choose one or more organizations that have made a difference in your life and leave a gift in your will.
- Contact the organization(s) of your choice to learn about opportunities for legacy giving.
- Leave a percentage or specific dollar amount of the assets in you will to a charity of your choice.
- Consider using non-cash assets (real estate, vehicles, art, jewelry, other personal property) for a legacy gift.
- Name a charity as a beneficiary of your IRA pension plan or life insurance policy.
- Remember deceased loved ones with a memorial gift to a charity.
- Encourage family and friends to leave gifts to charities in their wills.
For more information or to discuss in greater detail, please contact Larry Mejia at 210-737-1212.