Support Respite Care through Birdies for Charity!
The Valero Texas Open is the 6th oldest professional tournament in golf world-wide, the 3rd oldest on the PGA TOUR and the longest held in the same city. In 2012, the tournament celebrated its 90th anniversary. It’s list of champions includes some of the greatest names in golf history: Walter Hagen, Byron Nelson, Ben Hogan, Sam Snead, Arnold Palmer, Ben Crenshaw, Hale Irwin, Lee Trevino, Nick Price, Justin Leonard, Zach Johnson, Adam Scott, and 2014 Champion Steven Bowditch, to name a few.
The next edition of the Valero Texas Open will take place March 23-29, 2015 at TPC San Antonio.
Birdies for Charity provides nonprofit organizations with an unique and engaging platform from which to solicit pledges for every birdie made during the Valero Texas Open tournament week or a flat, one-time donation while keeping 100% of the funds raised. Through the collective efforts of 140+ charities, Birdies for Charity raised more than $1.84M in 2014 – an increase of over $400,000 from 2013. The funds raised through Birdies for Charity contribute to the overall total of charitable funds raised through the Valero Texas Open and the Valero Benefit for Children Golf Classic, which raised $9 million in 2014. Based on the fundraising performance of participating organizations the Valero Texas Open has established several incentive programs which will award additional contributions to further their philanthropic and civic missions, including a 5% match to participating organizations that reach a minimum of $1,000 of collected funds.
Donors are encouraged to support their favorite cause through Birdies for Charity, allowing them to make a financial contribution to a charity close to their heart while having their contribution stretch further through the financial incentives the Valero Texas Open provides to participating organizations.
- Guess the Birdies Contest: For added fun, donors can guess the number of birdies they think will be made during the Valero Texas Open through the “Guess the Birdies Contest” for a chance to win a Stay-and-Play Package compliments of JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa and TPC San Antonio.
- Donor Attendance Incentive: Donors who make a donation prior to tournament week are encouraged to attend Thursday – Sunday and check in at the Charity Pavilion within the Gatorade Fan Fest, near the main gate entrance, to be entered into the drawing for a brand-new 2015 Ford Mustang. To help celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Mustang, South Texas Ford Dealers are graciously donating a two-year lease for this incredible prize. Spectators that make a contribution onsite will also be entered into the drawing. When a donor attends all four days, the attendee will have four entries in the drawing.
By following these three simple steps, donors can maximize their participation and benefits of the program:
(1) Make a donation through Birdies for Charity: https://www.ValeroTexasOpen.com/Birdies
(2) Purchase a ticket to the Valero Texas Open: https://www.ValeroTexasOpen.com
(3) Attend the Valero Texas Open, March 23-29, and check in at the Charity Pavilion
Birdies for Charity officially launched its 2015 fundraising campaign on Friday, October 10, 2014. One-time donations and pledges are accepted online at www.ValeroTexasOpen.com/Birdies or make a donation to Respite Care and indicate you want to participate in Birdies for Charity.
Comments are closed.